|San Jose to Jaco-Hermosa|
||Approximate driving time: 1 ½ hours|
After this right hand turn there is a stop sign. Here you will make a left hand turn onto Route 3. Continue on this main road until it dead ends and you will take a right, more than 30 minutes down the road. You will soon reach the small mountain town of Atenas. After reaching the town of Atenas, the road will follow a dangerous mountain pass. Drive with caution! After coming out of the mountain pass, you will reach the small town of San Mateo where you will take a right and then a quick left before the park.
After passing through the small town of Orotina, be on the lookout for signs pointing you to Jaco and Quepos. There is a right hand turn just outside of Orotina and about 10 minutes later you will come to another right hand turn that is a loop around (there will be signs to Quepos-Jaco). Take this right turn onto Route 34 and continue on this road until you reach the town of Jaco.
To continue on to Playa Hermosa, continue heading south for about 5 minutes and you will arrive at Hermosa Beach. Once you arrive in Hermosa, you will take a right hand turn just past the Backyard Hotel on the right hand side and follow this road until you reach paradise!
For any Emergency please call Sergio, our manager at 281-1839 or fax 643-2809
- Jungle Surf Café: Located in Playa Hermosa, right on the corner by the soccer field. Really good food at a great price. Always nightly specials.
- Wishbone: Located in the center of Jaco beach side, the Wishbone restaurant serves anything from wood oven pizzas to burritos. Well priced.
- The Lighthouse: at the entrance to Jaco on the highway, offering a wide variety of international and local dishes at a reasonable price. As of this publication, open 24 hours.
- La Bruja: Also located in the center of town beachside. Specializing in meats.
- Pizzeria Terraza: Located in the center of town, not beachside. Great pizzas!
- Terraza de Hicacao: located on the beach in Jaco behind the Disco Central, offering great seafood in a beautiful, beachfront atmosphere.
- Esquina de Pollo: Rotisserie chicken, onion rings, french fries. I think that explains it all.
- POPS: ice cream parlor located in the heart of Jaco.
- Recreo: Seafood restaurant in Jaco. Fresh fish, shelled fish, lobster, etc.